• Analysis Suite
• Two Physio Rooms
• Six Dressing/Referees Rooms
• Storage facilities
• Six pitches – five full size Prunty pitches and one 3G Pitch – of which five are floodlit
• A perimeter walking/running track measuring 2.2 kms
• Parking for up to 400 cars and 20 buses
• Connacht GAA Administrative Headquarters
• Six offices
• Three meeting rooms
• Lecture Theatre
• Board Room Outdoor
• Dining hall and full catering kitchen
• Fullsize indoor GAA Field
• Running Track
• Fully Equipped Gym capable of accommodating 30 people at once
• Portable Stand
Connacht GAA are continuing to offer our established service of fitness testing and programming for clubs, schools and individuals of all levels and age groups at the Connacht GAA Centre in Bekan.
Using our fully equipped state of the art gym our experienced Strength and Conditioning team offer a vast array of tests designed to help get the best indicators of strength and weaknesses in your group.
Testing days include:
• Body Composition Testing
• Flexibility Testing
• Full Body Movement Analysis
• Power Testing
• Speed Testing
• Agility Testing
• Aerobic Capacity Testing
We offer a full squad report including normative values that will allow players assess their individual needs compared players playing at the same level. If required we can also implement a bespoke Strength and Conditioning program for your team through our new online app which delivers the program individually to each player.
This cost-effective service provides clubs and players with a platform of knowledge and information, along with providing a system to implement a program to help develop and improve the conditioning of players
We also provide comprehensive video analysis of games using our inhouse software. This service applies to games either recorded at the Connacht GAA Centre or elsewhere. Led by our highly trained staff this service can provide:
• Breakdown game play into short managable clips
• Provides feedback to players and coaches
• Grouping of different aspects of performance e.g Kickouts, shots, turnovers
The Connacht GAA gym is available to hire to all teams. This fully equipped area allows teams to work on all aspects of their physical preparation. The gym area includes:
• 8 squat racks complete with weights
• A vast array of dumbbells/kettlebells
• Multi-purpose cable machine
• Battle ropes
• Assault bike
• Ski Machine
• Jump Boxes
• Screening area
On completion of testing we can now design a strength and conditioning programme for your team based on the results of the fitness testing.
Gym Programmes will be delivered straight to each player’s phone through an app which is very user friendly.
These programmes are updated and changed every 4-6 weeks by Connacht GAA staff to allow maximum benefits. All programmes are designed so that each player will be hitting peak physical performance for Championship football.
Depending on individual players needs, programmes will include some or all of the following: Gym/Running/Flexibility/Mobility work.