WorldWise Global Schools is the national programme of Development Education (DE) for post-primary schools in Ireland.
WorldWise is funded by Irish Aid and implemented by a consortium of organisations: Gorta Self Help Africa, Concern Worldwide and the City of Dublin Education and Training Board Curriculum Development Unit.
WorldWise Global Schools believes that development education enriches teaching and learning experiences for staff and students alike, and provide a powerful vehicle through which we can better understand the world we live in, and seek to take action to change it for the better.
We support schools to integrate Development Education into their teaching and learning, in a variety of different ways, including:
- Our Annual Grant Call – which provides funding to support DE work in schools
- The Global Passport Award – which schools can apply for to have their DE work validated and recognised
- Programme of Events and Training to build the DE capacity of post-primary teachers and their schools
- Tailored support from our staff team – including school visits as well as remote advice/guidance
- Targeted resources to support the integration of DE into specific subject areas as well as broader school activities.
- Simple measurement of the impact of DE – through our Self Assessment Tool (SAT)