Shuttle Time is a comprehensive badminton programme for primary and secondary schools in Ireland. The aim is to give all children a chance to try the sport by helping teachers deliver badminton lessons. Shuttle-Time is the Badminton World Federation’s Schools Badminton Programme.
The programme helps teachers and coaches develop the skills, knowledge and confidence to plan and deliver safe and fun badminton lesson to children.
Since it was rolled out across Ireland in September 2013 the Shuttle-Time project has signed up over 400 schools and over 50,000 school children.
How to get involved in three easy steps:
1. Affiliate your school for 15 euros/ £12.50 – Click register now to download the affiliation form, and pay now to pay online at www.badmintonireland.com
2. Send up to 3 teachers on a Shuttle Time course for FREE – The course runs over 6 hours and is a fun and practical introduction to the game. Participants receive online access to 22 lesson plans, a teacher’s manual, and 92 video resources.
3. Order a kit bag worth 200 euros for only €10 / £7.50 – Kit bags contain 15 rackets and 2 tubes of shuttles.
Affiliated schools can also participate in the All Ireland School Championships. The Irish Shuttle Time secondary school finals are held every March in Gormanston College, Co. Meath. More than 300 children take part in what is one of the most exciting junior sporting events in the calendar. The competition is open to both National Primary Schools and Secondary Schools.
• Shuttle Time Primary School finals – Wednesday 18th March 2015, Baldoyle Badminton Centre.
• Shuttle Time Secondary School finals – Wednesday 25th March 2015, Gormanston College, Meath This is the culmination of a full season of competitions, blitzes and leagues throughout the counties and provinces with all winners qualifying for the Finals Day.
For more information on Shuttle-Time please visit
www.badmintonireland.com under our development section.
Alternatively you can email
email@example.com or call 01 839 3028