Transition Year Program
Transition Year students have a unique opportunity to explore a range of experiences and Intel Ireland is delighted to introduce a program of offerings aimed at students undertaking transition year. The program aims to;
- Help young students to understand the opportunity of science, technology, engineering a
nd maths (STEM) in terms of future career prospects
- Introduce young people to Intel in order to share with them the exciting work we do as a means to encourage interest in the hi-tech industry as a future career choice
- Encourage consideration of subject selection at Leaving Certificate that will foster a path to STEM disciplines at third level
- Support the development of 21st century skills in students, such as presentation skills, teamwork, creative thinking and problem solving
- Introduce students to innovation processes and entrepreneurial thinking
The Intel Transition Year program includes:
– The Intel Experience Program
Intel offers a week-long interactive program which gives students the opportunity to experience a number of workshops and facilitated sessions which will provide them with an insight into the world of engineering and science as well as some of the business functions evident at Intel. This program is split between two locations; the Science Gallery, Trinity College Dublin and the Intel Campus, Leixlip, offering students the opportunity to see many aspects of what we do at Intel.The week long program can accommodate up to 12 students per week. If you would like to receive an application form to take part please e-mailintel.ireland.corporate.
– Cutting Edge Careers
Cutting edge careers is a 60 – 90 minute session targeted at senior cycle secondary school students that helps to promote, educate and provide understanding of the opportunities that exist in technology, engineering and science careers. As part of the program, an Intel employee will visit your school and host the session which includes a presentation and Q&A. Cutting Edge Careers is ideal for Transition Year students or final year students who are considering a career in the world of technology and engineering.
If you would like to register your interest in this program please emailintel.ireland.corporate.
– Social innovation and Entrepreneurship
Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship is a 2 day training camp, ran in conjunction with the
Lions Club ireland, which aims to educate Transition year students in the art of ideation, entrepreneurship and customer driven innovation.
To find out more contact your local Lions Club or Paul Bell from Tullamore Lions club at firstname.lastname@example.org.