We all have our seniors moments sometimes, when we walk into a room but then completely forget what we were looking for, leaving the house without your wallet or even forgetting someones name when we meet them on the street.
Listen it happens to the best of us and with exam season just around the corner here is a list of foods which can help maintain that much needed brain power. And they’re are all super healthy for you so it’s really a win-win situation here.
- Fish: Oily fish especially, such as salmon, mackrel and trout. They’re full of omega 3 fatty acids, it of course improves your brain health but also very good for the heart.
- Pumpkin seeds: Also containing omega 3 fatty acids and zinc which helps the brain stay in shape, they are suitable for vegatarians as well.
- Rosemary: Even just the smell of this can awaken memories and thoughts. It has been known to help prevent Alzhiemer’s disease and increase your memory power.
- Walnuts: Studies have shown that a handful of these a day can sharpen memory, improve concentration and your overall cognitive ability.
- Avacado: As this improves blood-circulation that means it can help the blood flow to and from your brain.
- Almonds: These have the same effect as walnuts. For best results eat them in the morning.
- Blueberries: They’re full of antioxidants which help protect the brain from stress. They improve communication between nuerons, learning ability, memory and also the ability to make decisions, verbal comprehensive and arithmetic skills.
- Chocolate: Not only does it taste so good but dark chocolate is also full of antioxidants and milk chocolate improves memory and concentration.
- Onions: Often get a bad rep for some reason but they do contain two very powerful antioxidants anthocyanins and quercetin.
- Apples: Always with the skin and red apples especially are effective with improving the brain funciton.
- Honey: Rich in glucose and fructose these help fuel the brain, protect them from faitgue and keep it in shape.
- Beetroot: As this is great for haemoglobin levels it helps increase the blood flow to the brain while also improving memory, concentration and makes logical thinking easier.
- Water: Of course it had to make an appearance it’s really good for everything, by keeping you hydrated and alive it also contributes to keeping the brain active.
I should start incorporating some of these into my diet because god knows I need to keep this brain of mine going, anyone else feel the same?