We can practically smell the summer holidays which for some of you means it’s time to look for a summer job and we are here to help you create the most irresistible CV for your future employers.
- Keep your CV to two pages, max. Let’s be real no one is going to sit through a four page essay.
- Spellcheck. Get your friends and family to double check for you as well as there is nothing worse than misspellings on a CV.
- Keep everything relevant. Make sure the information you include is relevant to the job you are applying for.
- Keep fonts, sizes and heading all consistent otherwise it can end up looking very messy and unattractive.
- Always keep information up-to-date and fresh.
- Contact information. I think this is an obvious one but make sure you have all the correct and relevant contact information or how else will you start earning those dollars? If they can’t reach you.
- Referees. If you have previous references it is always a good idea to put them down, with their permission of course, as it can help employers get an even better sense of what kind of person you are.
Now go out and get those CV’s printed so you can save for something nice for yourself!